Brightside fosters a community environment where everyone feels safe, secure and has a sense of belonging. Our residents are seniors, families and people with disabilities who are able to live independently.
Coming from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, our tenants have one thing in common — desire for housing security. Besides providing homes, Brightside nurtures and listens to its community, which has resulted in creating community gardens, amenity rooms, regular gatherings and assistance programs.
“Thank you for taking great care of our building and for all the work you do! I appreciate coming home daily.”
Becoming a Resident
Brightside provides homes for independent seniors, families and people with disabilities. Rental subsidies are available at all properties for those that qualify.
We have 797 units at 27 properties in Vancouver for seniors that are able to live on their own and manage their day-to-day activities. These homes include studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites.
Families of three or larger may apply for one of our 99 units at 9 properties in Vancouver. These units are two, three and four-bedroom suites.
People with Disabilities
Currently, 56 units at 3 properties in Vancouver are set aside for people with disabilities. Most of them are studios with a few one-bedroom suites.
Note the following occupancy standards
- There shall be no more than two or less than one person per bedroom
- Spouses and couples share a bedroom
- Parents do not share a bedroom with children
- Dependents aged 18 or more do not share a bedroom
- Dependents aged 5 or more of opposite sex do not share a bedroom
Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Have an income of less than $41,500 for a single person (or $48,000 for a couple)
- Brightside properties have no smoking and no pets policies.