April 7, 2020
We hope you and those you care about are safe and well, and we would like to thank everyone for doing their part as we all continue to wash our hands and stay home as much as possible. These are challenging times, and continuing to follow the recommendations of public health authorities keeps us all safe, and will ultimately save lives.
We know that the information you receive on a daily basis can seem overwhelming, so we will continue to do our best to provide you with weekly information that is most relevant to you, the Brightside community.
To ensure the safety and well-being of all residents:
- We request residents confirmed to have COVID-19 to inform Brightside immediately. Your privacy is of paramount importance to Brightside and this information will be taken in confidence to help ensure protective measures are taken.
*If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should contact 8-1-1 to get medical advice, or 9-1-1 if you require immediate medical treatment.
- Continue practicing social-distancing and hand-washing, and stay home as much as possible.
- We ask that residents do not organize cleaning groups within their buildings as this may put others at risk. Brightside continues to engage in enhanced sanitization and cleaning practices in all buildings multiple times per week.
- The Brightside office remains closed, but staff continue to manage business operations from remotely. We invite you to contact us by email (email@example.com), or leaving a voicemail at 604-684-3515. Though we are receiving higher than normal call volumes, we aim to return all voicemail messages with 24 hours of receipt, and thank all residents for their patience.
- Please note that Brightside will be closing for the April 10-13 holiday (Good Friday and Easter Monday), and will not be answering emails or phone calls.
- Various contractors have been engaged by Brightside to assist/respond to emergency suite repairs. To ensure the safety of all parties, residents will be asked to vacate their suites while repairs are in progress.
- Residents are asked to remain vigilant and report acts of vandalism or suspicious activity to police.
- Taking out garbage and recycling during non-peak hours will help everyone maintain social-distancing.
- For residents wishing to communicate with Brightside that do not have access to a phone or to the Internet, you can leave a letter or note in the building manager’s drop-box. Brightside staff pick up communications weekly.
- Given the present new reality, we want to remind residents of the various methods available for paying rent on time:
- If not already done, enroll in our Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) program for worry-free rent collection
- Prepare up to 12 post-dated cheques and send them to us via regular mail, or deposit them into the drop box located in the lobby of your building
- Obtain a money order from the bank and send it to us via regular mail, or deposit it into the drop box located in the lobby of your building
- Leave (or send) us a message to arrange a rent collection method that works best for you
- We also want to remind residents that a moratorium on evictions will remain in place as we cope with the pandemic. Residents are still required to pay their rent, however, and while no notices to end tenancy will be served at this time, all unpaid rent will remain owing until paid.
If you are a Brightside resident and you are experiencing extraordinary hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we invite you to contact our office by phone or by email. At this time, there are community and local supports that are becoming available. Note that while we may not have an immediate solution to your concern, this is an ongoing effort to better understand how our residents are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are exploring ways we may be able to help. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a voicemail at 604-684-3515.
Practice social distancing, wash your hands often, and stay safe.