Brightside Community Homes Foundation (“Brightside”) is a private-sector, non-for-profit organization that owns and manages 26 buildings across the city of Vancouver, providing affordable housing to those who struggle to meet the demands of market housing. In addition to property management, Brightside is committed to building connections within the Brightside communities that include over 1000 residents.
Brightside is seeking to fill a full-time, permanent position on our Operations team in the role of Property Services Coordinator. This position falls under the leadership of the Director of Operations. This role works closely with the Field Services Manager and the Manager of Operations & Maintenance.
MAIN AREAS OF FOCUS
- To promptly and courteously respond to Requests for Repairs from residents;
- To coordinate with Brightside Field Technicians and/or third-party contractors to facilitate the repair(s);
- To assist with the management of third-party contractor activities for goods and services, including obtaining quotes, preparing tender documents, and following-up on assigned work orders; and
- To ensure successful completion of repair and/or maintenance services.
- Prepare and issue Notices for suite access and coordinate delivery of Notices to residents in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Work collaboratively with Brightside’s “Turnover team” to ensure efficiency and quick turnaround times;
- Coordinate and facilitate reactive maintenance requests;
- Log and track repairs and maintenance in Yardi Voyager and/or ShareVision, as required;
- Schedule preventative maintenance as per the Brightside’s Maintenance Schedule and ensure successful completion;
- Assist with suite maintenance issues such as hoarding, pest control, and/or other special issues;
- Schedule and issue Notices for Pest Control monthly inspections;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Pest Control Coordinator and/or Field Services Manager, as required;
- Assist Director of Operations with capital project planning, tracking, and execution, as required;
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (PO’s) and/or Scope(s) of Work up to $2,500 CAD, as directed;
- Coordinate building and/or suite access for third-party contractors;
- Address and/or re-direct resident inquiries to the appropriate department for follow-up;
- Assist with tracking and maintaining inventory of parking and storage facilities;
- Participate as a member of Brightside’s Health and Safety Committee;
- Conduct daily Safety and Security check-in protocols for Field Technicians;
- Coordinate ad-hoc suite inspections and log (and address) findings;
- Coordinate the “After-Hours On-Call Schedule” for the Field Technicians;
- Coordinate restoration work and administrative duties related to insurance claims;
- Assist with onboarding and training of new Field Technicians, as required;
- Assist with special event planning, as required;
- Provide general administrative support to the Manager of Operations & Maintenance and Director of Operations; and
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Operations.
The preceding job description is not exhaustive and may change from time to time depending on the needs of the Foundation. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as the role develops and priorities shift.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Customer Service;
- Good working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, and some familiarity with the principles of administrative law;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills: Including the ability to communicate effectively and inclusively with a variety of individuals in a professional and sensitive manner, while also maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality;
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic;
- Cultural agility: Ability to work respectfully, knowledgeably, and effectively with our residents and vulnerable populations;
- Resident and service-focused: Exceptional commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service to our residents;
- Ability to demonstrate patience, tolerance, diplomacy and exercise tact and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds and behavioral issues.
- Sound practical knowledge of Office 365 including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- A criminal record check for working with vulnerable children and adults is required for this position.
- A British Columbia Rental Property Management License and/or previous experience with Yardi Voyager and/or ShareVision would all be considered assets.
Brightside has pledged a “Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion”; the successful incumbent will be aligned with this commitment and the Foundation’s core values. Brightside is also proud to be a certified Living Wage employer. Salary range for this position is $52,000-$58,000 per annum. A competitive extended health, dental and vision package is provided to qualified employees upon hiring. Employer-Matching RRSP program is offered after three (3) months of successful employment.
Posted June 1, 2022