How is Brightside responding to COVID-19?
- Our priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our residents and staff.
- We urge all residents to take the necessary precautions to stay well and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and have been sharing direction provided by the Provincial Health Officer.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitizing common areas across our 26 properties.
- We have also taken direct steps to help our residents practice social/physical distancing including reducing our maintenance services to emergency repairs only and halting any booking requests for amenity rooms.
What is Brightside doing to keep residents informed?
- We will continue to keep residents updated regularly through our website, mail drops to residents, and posters in building lobbies.
- We will also provide information about programs and resources that may be available to our residents through partners or other organizations.
- We thank all of our residents and partners for their cooperation in protecting our communities.
How often is Brightside cleaning its buildings?
- Our buildings are cleaned and sanitized thoroughly once a week, using cleaning products that kill viruses.
- In addition, twice a week, our maintenance staff sanitize door handles, elevator buttons, and other high-touch surfaces in common areas in all buildings.
- We urge all residents to take the necessary precautions to stay well and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including social distancing and frequent, thorough hand-washing.
What if I am unable to pay my rent during this time?
- No resident will lose their home during this time as a result of not being able to pay their rent.
- Brightside is upholding a moratorium on Notices to End Tenancy for non-payment of rent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Some residents whose employment income has stopped or decreased due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic may also be eligible for a rent adjustment.
- On March 25, 2020, the BC Government announced measures to support renters, which include a rental supplement of up to $500 per month. Additional information regarding how to apply for these measures is expected in the coming days and weeks.
- We will continue to provide information about programs and resources that may be available to our residents from other organizations.